Flock 2015: Flock to Fedora 2015
So what is Flock and why am I going, and why should you care about:
Flock is a 4 day Fedora conference where we think of better way to deploy / implement and create things that make everyone’s life easier both fromt eh enterprise / sysadmin side and the average everyday layman.
Some sample talks / discussions this year:
- 10 things that kill Open Source (just those folks and projects that are free as in liberty and beer) And no Open source does not mean insecure or even secure by default OR low budget — Its a community hive mentality, and like any community some bad habits / players are always at the very least a ‘drive-by’ threat.
- Two factor authentication with GPG, A topic I wish every one could attend. We no longer live in a world where that post it note password reminder is safe or worth the time to stick in on your monitor or it that desk drawer.
- Docker — Lovely stuff for both development uses and secure instances like web servers even key vaults ( the ssh / gpg / kerberos / Authorization kind )
- Understanding / using DNSSEC, another security talk about how to keep your home networks or enterprise secure from things like DNS Amplification attacks
- Cryptography for the beginner
Gimp / assorted Photoshop & Developer Tools Workshops / best practices
So where is this ? and can you still get in ?
Where: Hyatt Regency, Downtown Rochester, Ny
When: August 12-15th
Cost: To attend: FREE To Sponsor: $1,500 – $10k + for sponsorship info email email@example.com
Coming later today , The Official updated respins, will be ready for download from:
Live Respins (Permalink)
The Folks maintaining the live-respins are all volunteers and use a whitelisted tracker, we kindly ask that you not add additional tracker and instead publicize it on your social media networks and where others may be made aware of it.
Continue reading Fedora 22 Updated Respins Available (2015-F22-*-20150806)
Last night the DC Public Library system, namely the MLK Memorial Public Library at 901 G St, planned host to the monthly meetup of Dc Tech meetup, to which I’m a member. Last night’s Topic was a showcase of Women in the Tech industry with just about 800 attendees (both male and female). The event showcased several very promising ventures lead by or started by women in the Dc Area. DC Tech Meetup — Event page
Continue reading DC Tech Meetup #38, Tuesday, 21 July 2015
The second installment of F22 Updated respins are coming available today, Monday 20 July 2015. As usual they can be found at the following permalink:
Updated Fedora Lives (updated monthly sometimes more frequently)
Feel free to contact me here or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR any of the core seeders, creation team in IRC : Southern_Gentlem, striker,danofsatx,bodhi_zazen and myself (Corey84) for tips , comments,complaints,etc
Continue reading F22 Updates (August) for 32 and 64 Bit systems.
This coming Tuesday, July 21st DC Tech Meetup is having a meetup SHOWCASING and discussing issues and programs / examples for and from the female Dev Community…
Location:MLK Library, 901 G St NW, Washington DC –That’s 2 blocks form ChinaTown Metro.
Time: 6p-~9P (presentations normally go til 815-830 with a happy hour at a local bar — NOTE: Door Staff WILL CARD)
Event Link: http://www.meetup.com/DC-Tech-Meetup/events/213907562