Flock 2015: Flock to Fedora 2015
So what is Flock and why am I going, and why should you care about:
Flock is a 4 day Fedora conference where we think of better way to deploy / implement and create things that make everyone’s life easier both fromt eh enterprise / sysadmin side and the average everyday layman.
Some sample talks / discussions this year:
- 10 things that kill Open Source (just those folks and projects that are free as in liberty and beer) And no Open source does not mean insecure or even secure by default OR low budget — Its a community hive mentality, and like any community some bad habits / players are always at the very least a ‘drive-by’ threat.
- Two factor authentication with GPG, A topic I wish every one could attend. We no longer live in a world where that post it note password reminder is safe or worth the time to stick in on your monitor or it that desk drawer.
- Docker — Lovely stuff for both development uses and secure instances like web servers even key vaults ( the ssh / gpg / kerberos / Authorization kind )
- Understanding / using DNSSEC, another security talk about how to keep your home networks or enterprise secure from things like DNS Amplification attacks
- Cryptography for the beginner
Gimp / assorted Photoshop & Developer Tools Workshops / best practices
So where is this ? and can you still get in ?
Where: Hyatt Regency, Downtown Rochester, Ny
When: August 12-15th
Cost: To attend: FREE To Sponsor: $1,500 – $10k + for sponsorship info email firstname.lastname@example.org